Thursday, December 12, 2013

2013 is Waning. 2014 is Nearly Upon Us


The year is nearly gone. What did you do with it? What are your plans for next year?

This is my 11th year of retirement. I worked hard for 45 years and appreciate being able to live out my life in relative comfort.

In 2013 I spent significant hours in the classroom at the Center for Learning in Retirement (CLIR), with family, online, lobbying on behalf of our planet’s health, watching the SF Giants’ games, and seeing movies. It’s not unusual for me to check email, then go to Facebook and Twitter to see what’s happened overnight.

In 2014 I plan to concentrate on lobbying for the protection of Social Security and Medicare. I hope you will join me in urging our President and Congress to

a) raise, or eliminate, the cap on contributions to our Social Security fund, and
b) revolutionize the way Medicare pays for healthcare services. We need to lower the percentage of our GDP that is spent on healthcare significantly.

How would you accomplish it?

No comments:

Post a Comment