The Semper Fi Fund, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, provides financial assistance to:
- Marines injured in combat and in training
- other service members injured while in direct support of Marine units
- their families to defray the expenses incurred during hospitalization, rehabilitation, and recovery.
I know that many of us expect the Pentagon and Veteran's Affairs Departments to provide such service but that isn't happening and we can bitch about it or we can do something about it. Here's what I suggest:
1. Let your congress member and senators know that you expect them to do something to change the situation, and meantime
2. Contribute to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (link to their website above). I'm sure we all know of someone in whose honor, or memory, we can make a cash contribution.
And there's one more thing you could do: if you live near a VA hospital - volunteer.